Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
What you have is a paraordnance high capacity frame with most likely a military colt slide. I believe para started in the late 1970’s with making only the frame for the high capacity conversion. The sights were also changed on the slide. Should be a good shooter. Para has since for a long time has produced a complete firearm. Is the military frame anywhere to be found?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Canada,
The frame is a Para-Ordinance P14-45 frame. Para-Ordinance was located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and started up manufacturing there in 1985. Their early hi capacity pistols were problematic. They eventually ironed out the issues and made a decent pistol. If interested, here is a bio on the company.

·
Registered
830 Posts
It’s blasphemous as a Michigandeer to say this, but I like Canada Dry a little better than Vernors.

I was into IPSC when the Para frames, and later full guns, were coming on strong. I haven’t seen one in a while.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I believe that is a Colt military slide that has been refinished at some point. You can remove the firing pin stop plate to see if there is a serial number stamped into it. It’s really easy to do, just search a YouTube video or two to see how.

Reactions: WVCOLT

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Welcome to the COLT Forum from the Cradle Of Liberty...Pennsylvania !!

Enjoy Our Community Sir...and speaking of Para Ordnance:

My circa 2001 specimen (made in Canada)

Gun Specifications
Type:Pistol
Produced:1990 - 2002
Caliber:.45 Auto
Action:recoil operated semi automatic
Trigger:single action (SA)
Safety:grip safety, manual thumb safety
Magazine:12 rounds
Frame:parkerized steel
Grip:black polymer
Sights:low mount, dovetailed, three dot

Gun Dimensions

Length:7.1"Height:5"
Barrel:3.5"Weight:34oz

·
Premium Member
5,185 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Colt Forum from West Virginia. Glad you have joined us all here. As always great information from a most knowledgeable group here. 👍👍

Reactions: SHOOTER13

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Yes this is a Para Ordnance frame, but it was probably purchased as a frame. The Para frame was available as a conversion first, then eventually poroduced the whole pistol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts