Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am new to this forum so I hope I am in the correct place for my questions. I am liquidating my FIL gun collection and seem to be struggling with placing a value on a few of his Colts. I have searched the BlueBook of Guns and think I am in the correct area, but just not 100% sure. From my research, most of his collection is from the late '70's to the early '80's. Below is a list of the NF/SAA's that I would appreciate any advice that would point me in the right direction.
All are NIB

2ea 44 Model P4750 with consecutive S/N's, 5.5" Blue,
1ea 44/40 Model P4970, 7.5" Blue,
1ea 357 Model P4671, 7.5" Nickel

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from (northern) South Texas!

Detailed pictures and serial numbers will be most helpful in determining values. Be very careful in relying on Blue Book prices, they tend to miss the mark more times that not.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Great to have u with us
Blue Book Values are wildly inaccurate on many things
Great detailed pics here and looking at previous sold auctions on all the popular sites will give u the most accurate values
Stay safe and warm out there
Happy Easter Weekend to u too
Look forward to pics so we all can help
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
well pics are very unclear
are they used or new?
any damage?
the nickel one looks like something all over the finish
very hard for us to help u with pics like this
do they all come with boxes and paperwork

Reactions: WVCOLT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well pics are very unclear
are they used or new?
any damage?
do they all come with boxes and paperwork
They are all NIB with all the original paperwork. The first photo is the end of the original box and I tried to take one photo on top of the styrofoam box insert. Aside from a couple of fingerprints they are in perfect condition.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
well here is what i would look at
these are completed sales of the new frontiers
they will give u the most accurate values to what u have
they are moving around a lot lately
people can ask anything they want
but this will give you a idea what they are worth
God Bless,John

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
It looks like some type of film or the oil is drying up/filming from just sitting in storage. I hope. Were they just in the styrofoam all this time? If the film wipes off like I'd suspect, save for a little tarnishing starting on the hammer sides, they'd all bring a bit more than normal considering the current run on ALL guns. Those would be on my dealers shelves for $2000 and they'd probably walk out the door fairly quickly for $1700-1800 after bargaining a bit. The .44spl is the top choice in my opinion.

During normal gun times, in my neck of the woods, the .357 would bring $1200, the .44-40 $1300 and the .44spl closer to $1500.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Here are photos of 1 of the NF 44 Special. the other S/N is 12518NF. View attachment 733940 View attachment 733941 View attachment 733942
a very similar one like your sold for a little over 1600 on GB here very recently

·
Registered
1,969 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
those are just a few examples i found in just a few minutes
God Bless,John

·
Premium Member
20,444 Posts
New Frontiers have never caught on with collectors. Shooters seem to like them quite well. The prices that the other Forum members have quoted should be good guides for you. If you plan to sell them on the internet, the quality of the pictures will play a big part in how much you can get for the guns. Your photos are not of the quality that would be needed for internet sales, so you should find a person who could help you in that area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well here is what i would look at
these are completed sales of the new frontiers
they will give u the most accurate values to what u have
they are moving around a lot lately
people can ask anything they want
but this will give you a idea what they are worth
God Bless,John
Thank you for the assistance!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New Frontiers have never caught on with collectors. Shooters seem to like them quite well. The prices that the other Forum members have quoted should be good guides for you. If you plan to sell them on the internet, the quality of the pictures will play a big part in how much you can get for the guns. Your photos are not of the quality that would be needed for internet sales, so you should find a person who could help you in that area.
Thank you for the insight and advice on the photos, I will work on taking better photos!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts