Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pima county fairgrounds April 24 and 25. I'll have three tables and looking to buy Colts, Winchesters, Sharp's and Remington rolling block Sporting rifles.
Take care, Duane

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
"Go get em" Duane, I'm no longer doing the Crossroads shows, but Gary might have a table. Pickings have been VERY slim over the last few years. Always LOTS of tupperware guns and WAY overpriced ammo to choose from. You never know when something special might walk through the front door though...

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Russ, Gary is setting up with me. The November show was one of the best I've done. I picked up six Winchesters, one Ulrick engraved, a Colt S.A.A. and followed up on a lead that produced one of the best Sharps rifles I own.
I also sold eight handguns, all duplicates of what I have or trading stock.
Take care, Duane

·
Registered
360 Posts
I wished some store would stack some quantity of pistols or rifles at or near cost to get people to come in. remember back when Jensens would have a table and stacks of sks rifles in boxes, or the owner of omega systems would have tables of Walther P1 or P38s? I guess today's market, there just isn't much out there for retailers to offer. jim

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
"The November show was one of the best I've done. I picked up six Winchesters, one Ulrick engraved, a Colt S.A.A. and followed up on a lead that produced one of the best Sharps rifles I own. I also sold eight handguns, all duplicates of what I have or trading stock."

Wow, sounds like you've had great luck there. I guess it's all in what your looking for. The last nice gun I bought there that I was really excited about was way back in 2016.

Reactions: STARVATION

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems that when there is no venue for private sales such as these shows when one does occur more guns show up and there are fewer tables (buyers) thus creating more opportunities for those there to buy. As usual it's a supply demand rather than luck. Russ, if you get a chance swing by you find another exciting gun. Garret, you can tie your mule up in the vendor area, no charge. I'll have a bucket and shovel handy. Take care, Duane

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I'll probably wander by. I used to ride my mules over to the fairgrounds for festivals. But they tried to make me start paying for parking.
Back in the late 50's & early 60's there was an annual ride I always wanted to make from Tucson to Tombstone for the annual Helldorado days parade & festival but due to running &competing in the fast draw competition I never could figure out how to do both of them.

·
Registered
952 Posts
As vendors, do you take credit cards? I was thinking of heading to Tucson for the show and the Tombstone SASS match. I don't have a wad of cash so a CC is the only way for someone like me to buy the more expensive stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Most of the larger vendors accept CCs, but the majority of the tables are private sellers who only take cash...

Reactions: STARVATION
1 - 11 of 11 Posts