Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this old ranch gun at the Tucson, Arizona gun show last weekend. By Colt's serial number look up it was mfg. in 1904. Brought it home, cleaned it up little and found the bore and chambers to be very clean and free of rust or pitting. Good timing and hammer with all four clicks. looks like it was just carried to death.
Anyone else have a SAA or Bisley in .41 they wold like to share.
41 Colt 1904.jpg
1904 Colt .41.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Very nice SAA Sir. I have never had a .41 myself but would love to add one some day. I like it and thank you for sharing your nice find with us here.

·
Registered
Colt SAA, Usfa SA, Std Mfg SA.
1,778 Posts
.41 COLT is the hidden value gem in SAA's and Bisley's. Every one I have seen, in person that is, is always priced below many other Frontier calibers. Some say it's because it's not a popular caliber, to me that doesn't matter. I like frontier calibers so the .41 Colt is way more appealing than say a .38 special SAA, there were no .38 specials in the old west.

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
View attachment 737293 A reblued well worn 1900 manufacture 41 Colt.
Lanara replaced the broken hammer and pitted barrel a few years ago.
It's not pretty but my dad left it to me so it stays as is. I get to shoot it occasionally so I'm good.
From Dad, its priceless. I have a Bisley from my Dad that I wouldn't take a farm in Texas for it. Very nice gun and thanks for sharing your .41 with us.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
You must have found that one on Saturday.
I shop condition but there is something about those grey guns with un-messed with screws and clean internals, they just have to go home with me.
Very nice find. Take care, Duane

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
.41 COLT is the hidden value gem in SAA's and Bisley's. Every one I have seen, in person that is, is always priced below many other Frontier calibers. Some say it's because it's not a popular caliber, to me that doesn't matter. I like frontier calibers so the .41 Colt is way more appealing than say a .38 special SAA, there were no .38 specials in the old west.
If you add in the 1877 "Thunderer" there were quite a few 41"s on the Frontier

·
Registered
41 Posts
Picked up this old ranch gun at the Tucson, Arizona gun show last weekend. By Colt's serial number look up it was mfg. in 1904. Brought it home, cleaned it up little and found the bore and chambers to be very clean and free of rust or pitting. Good timing and hammer with all four clicks. looks like it was just carried to death.
Anyone else have a SAA or Bisley in .41 they wold like to share. View attachment 737253
Wonderful. And I like the colors of the blanket (?) the gun is resting on. I don't want to spoil the thread but there are no blankets like this here in Germany.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Aerocolo, What’s your .41 LC load?
Haven't loaded .41 yet.
That's a whole 'nother subject.
There are several bullet options but a heeled bullet can be tricky I'm told.
I have several boxes of 41 factory ammo collected over the years so I'm using up the old Lubaloy white box stuff. Pretty tame load.
I don't shoot it often as it's barely into smokeless numbers. That's also a debatable subject.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts