Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
You forgot the "in exceptional condition" for the last Colt.

I have to ask, in something like this, is it a cash transaction? Was it from just one person? Did you know the seller(s)? I just can't fathom walking around with that much cash on hand.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I am super impressed with the ivory on the one gun. It has that perfect aged patina. All three guns are extremely nice. I just bought a 44 Bisley just a little below yours in condition. I have a 45 4.75 inch Bisley in about the same as yours. The Bisley sure does fit the hand nicely. You did well. The Texas letter is interesting and tells you that gun was detained for serious use.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Adding to my "I Wish..." List: I wish I had the money to go to Tulsa one year and the money to come away with just one fine looking Colt. I wouldn't care if it was a SAA or the Bisley Model...either would be just dandy in either .45 Colt or .44-40.

If wishes were horses, we'd all be ridin', wouldn't we.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Been doing a little research and found lots of info on the Bisley Frontier Six Shooter #2 in original postings. Gun was shipped to Ketelsen and Degetau which had store locations in El Paso and Juarez. Specialized in dynamite and firearms, although they sold everything else Imaginable. It was reported that at one time they were shipping 11 freight cars of goods a day into Mexico. Unfortunately, Pancho Villa burned the Juarez store during the Battle of Juarez.
Font Publication History Screenshot Monochrome photography

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Easy research on company history of Wright and Wilhelmy to which the first Bisley(32 wcf) above was shipped. It was in business for 130 years!

·
Registered
151 Posts
BigJake,
Hadnt given it a thought yet. I’m still in the “love” stage - You know, I’m still ogling and drooling on it!😂
I was Gifted 1 Colt SAA from 1900 in .38-40 WCF and less than a year later I found an Exact Match for the 1st one. It was going to be in an upcoming auction 2 weeks away, I won the Gun, another from 1900 and in .38-40 WCF and it has British Proof Marks on the Frame, cylinder, barrel. I going to get them Lettered from Colt.

Then I did a trade with a guy from Texas for a Colt Bisley model (1902) also in .38-40 WCF and a Winchester 1892 Rifle in .38-40 WCF. (1895). Both Guns were bought by his Grandfather new and lived in a Texas Barn on the Ranch. His dad had them and then at 15 he had them, always lived in the Barn as working guns on a Ranch, Outsides aren't great, but the insides are like New. I've shot them in SASS and I reload ammo for them, both Black Powder and Lite Smokeless loads. Love to hear them Buck and Roar!!

Big Jake 1001
Air gun Wood Trigger Revolver Line
Revolver Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel

21 - 40 of 41 Posts