Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well come on guys, what'd ya find at the show?

·
Registered
127 Posts
After a busy and full weekend, this is the new stuff that I ended up with. 3 guns and some grips that are pretty familiar to the forum. A Cavalry that is pretty ok, a .45 with nice grips, and a Frontier Six Shooter (if you are creative you can see the etched panel).

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sorry to say that I went, but bought no firearms--I did pick pick up a few full vintage ammo boxes, some cheap zip up pistol rugs, a book, and a small Winchester marked take down table rack for four rifles. I had a couple of items in mind to buy if I found the right one at the right price, but never did. Maybe next trip--sigh!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
After a busy and full weekend, this is the new stuff that I ended up with. 3 guns and some grips that are pretty familiar to the forum. A Cavalry that is pretty ok, a .45 with nice grips, and a Frontier Six Shooter (if you are creative you can see the etched panel).
Whats the story on the Cavalry ? Looks pretty darn good to me.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
CR 1939 05.JPG

Not New in box but has a lot going for it. Special order. Sent direct to the person who ordered. Factory nickel. 4" barrel. Trigger pull adjustment. Colt letter.

(Some history show that Mr. Newman was a police officer in Clearwater, Florida.)

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
180 Posts
IMG_2467.jpg It sure seemed there were a lot more SAAs, especially 3rd Gens, than at the April show. I was looking for, and bought, a 4 3/4" .45 3rd Gen at that show. I would have had many more to choose from at this one. Saturday seemed a little more crowded than usual and Sunday also had a very good turnout. All of the vendors I talked to were very happy with their sales. That includes me as I had the best show ever, sales wise. As for purchases, I wound up with a Uberti Cattleman twelve shot .22, an AWA Peacekeeper .45 with a 3 1/2" barrel, and a very nice USFA 5 1/5" .45 SAA. The last two are pictured above and below.

IMG_2465.jpg

·
Registered
341 Posts
[HR][/HR] I didn't come home with any Colts but I did find a nice refinished Marlin 1894 in .32-20. The serial number dates it to 1899.

2019-04-10-16-02_p3190608.jpg 2019-04-10-16-02_p3190609.jpg 2019-04-10-16-03_p3190612.jpg 2019-04-10-16-02_p3190611.jpg 2019-04-10-16-03_p3190613.jpg

I also found three boxes of Black Hills .32-20 at $25 per box, which is about as cheap as it gets. It is a 115gr bullet at 800fps, presumably from a revolver, which about the ballistic equivalent of a .380ACP. Shooting it out of a rifle should add a couple of hundred fps to the muzzle velocity though. I will be interested in chronographing it out of handgun and rifle to see what the difference is.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I sold enough to cover my expenses plus the 3 that I did buy. Two Colt 45 autos, a like new LW commander and a nice NM from 1968. Both from the same guy. Also purchased a smith model 58 marked SAPD from a friend who bought it for the grips. These 41 mags were issued by the San Antonio Police Dept. All my sales were on Friday, set up day. Thought it was going to be a big weekend, but sold NOTHING on Sat or Sun.

Charlie

·
Registered
258 Posts
CRSides, you don't want that old boat anchor of a model 58. I have the safe for wayward 41's and a clean set of Keith Brown magnas just waiting for that San Antonio marked 58!

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Very old Freund & Bros, Wyoming - Dragoon holster, albeit impacted by some idiots desire to make it a left hand draw. I call him or her an idiot only because these are soooo very difficult to find. Subsequent to taking photos I have done my best to effect the necessary repairs.
IMG_2380.jpg IMG_2383.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts