Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Winchester 1892 is probably my favorite lever action rifle and one of my favorite rifles period. Earlier this year I decided to “invest” in getting a few Winchester 1892’s and send them to Turnbull Restorations for there conversion package. The package reads: Remove tang safety, convert hammer and firing pin to traditional half notch safety system, Drill and tap for tang sight, modify receiver and hammer to be case hardened with lever, rifle forend cap and buttplate. Price includes dissembling and reassembly. The price was $1200 per rifle for the just the work from Turnbull, certainly not cheap but you pay it once and it’s done and you have something special. The rifles chosen were a 1892 Saddle Ring Carbine in .45 Colt and a 1892 Deluxe Rifle in .357 Magnum that I found for a steal. Overall I’m very happy with how they turned out. Took around six weeks.
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Line Gun barrel
Hood Wood Bumper Automotive tire Grille
Wood Office supplies Line Automotive exterior Rim
Reed instrument Air gun Trigger Wind instrument Musical instrument

·
Registered
361 Posts
Those came out beautifully! Thanks for sharing. I often think of sending my great granddad's 1915 made M1911 to Turnbull. This is a great endorsement of their work.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Very well done, I have an 1892 take down in 44 wcf. Made in Japan, I am thinking of have Turnbull give it some love ?

Yours looks great ! any tips ?

Craig in CT , where it all started.

Reactions: skwcoltguy

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I will be sending my Miroku 1873 Deluxe to them for the same treatment, I like others would rather have a modern gun given the Turnbull treatment, better metals and machining on the new ones, fix the lawyer boo boos and their the best ever made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts