Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Page 50, May 2012 American Rifleman..A Story and Tribute to : Mr. John Henry Fitzgerald, with pictures and serial numbers of authenticated Specials ! :cool:

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
MY copy arrived today in the mail:) I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Nothing against Johnston, but I was hoping the article was written by our own Kwill :(

·
Registered
615 Posts
My copy of the American Rifleman arrived today and I was very pleasantly surprised to see the long article about Fitz Specials. This is the type of article that fueled my imagination as a kid. Perhaps another generation will become enamoured with short barrels, bobbed hammers, and cutaway trigger guards! I know I sure like mine!

-Steve

·
Registered
160 Posts
I didn't realize they still offered American Rifleman in a Printed magazine some how mine was switched to the online format over a year a go & I don't care to read it online.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I didn't realize they still offered American Rifleman in a Printed magazine some how mine was switched to the online format over a year a go & I don't care to read it online.
You must have requested it--I still get my paper copy too!

·
Registered
8,905 Posts
Thanks, Kid. I haven't even cracked it open yet. That's a good closeup of his crossdraw rig with him shooting upside down. Or about to.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
The article is quite good. I think Johnston did his homework. He covered most if not all of the pertinent data about Fitz's guns.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
mm6mm6, I really like the engraving on your Fitz Special.

What could you tell us about it?

Who did the work?

How long it took?

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
AWWW I get the American Hunter !! I guess I'll have to subscribe the the Rifleman also. Although I do get the digital version of both. But I prfer to read it in actual print also.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
MY copy arrived today in the mail:) I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Nothing against Johnston, but I was hoping the article was written by our own Kwill :(
Thanks! If he had read my article from a couple of years ago he would have had quite a few more to report on.

Regards,
Kevin Williams

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Thanks to your help I was able to read those articles and you are correct.
Johnston still did a pretty good job.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Thanks to your help I was able to read those articles and you are correct.
Johnston still did a pretty good job.
I agree. He did a better than average job for a popular magazine. They all seem to be fixated on pretty superficial treatment of their subjects, even on collector oriented stuff, but he got most of the essential information in a short article.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Fitz, those are usually editing mistakes and not the prose of the authors. I see this in every book I read. Rarely, is a word or two not misspelled, or the wrong name placed with a picture.
Give 'em a break :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts