Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my square butt 33 DS for many years now. A round butt from the same year came up at auction so I let Charlene know about it and he picked it up. My serial number is just 205 below his. So I have one of the last square butts and he has one of the first round butts. Kind of cool

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Good catch!

·
Premium Member
5,517 Posts
Nice guns, Eric. You and Charlene have a couple of keepers. I have an early round butt but would like to add a square butt at some point.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
That's cool as heck. I love detectives. The set you guys have is super interesting, especially being the same year with the two different frame types. Definitely neat pieces of history that compliment each other. Thanks for sharing them with us. My only two first issue detectives are a '27 square butt and a '36 round butt. Not quite the same in closeness as both of yours, though. =P Regardless, beautiful guns!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Twaits, it's kind of hard to tell from the photos but does your square butt DS have a color case hardened ejector rod head ? The round butt gun clearly does. My 1939 DS has a blued ejector rod head and I have been curious about the use of CCH vs. blued parts for a while.

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Twaits, it's kind of hard to tell from the photos but does your square butt DS have a color case hardened ejector rod head ? The round butt gun clearly does. My 1939 DS has a blued ejector rod head and I have been curious about the use of CCH vs. blued parts for a while.
Its kind of hard to tell if its color case or not because its so small, but it doesn't appear blue. Looks more gold in color

1 - 20 of 27 Posts