Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally worked my way out from under the work that piled up while I wandered off to the Colt Collector's convention last weekend. I thought members would like to see a fine engraved Single Action Army and the awards it won. The revolver is the "Sears" pattern Single Action I purchased from Ellliot Forseter last April. It was engraved by Master Engraver Kenny Majors and has been shown several times in various conversations here. I took it with me to the convention intending to show it to some friends and just for the fun of having it on display on my table. Early Friday morning, I was walking around the show and noticed the Howard Dove award table. It had three or four very nicely engraved guns on it and, on a whim, I decided to enter my "Sears" SAA in the competition. I talked with CCA VP Tom Covault and he said all I had to do was fill out an entry form and put the gun on the table. So I did that. The Howard Dove Award is given for the best engraved Colt. (For those who don't know, Howard Dove was one of Colt's most admired Custom Shop engravers and is beloved by collectors of engraved Colts.) I really didn't think I had a chance of winning, but I thought it was worth a try.
At the Saturday evening banquet, I was completely astounded when they announced that my gun won the Howard Dove award and also the "Best Single Weapon 1946-Present" award. I have attached some photos of the gun and awards. The big Prancing Colt (goes with the "Best Single Weapon" plaque) is about a foot tall and weighs 17 1/2 pounds!
- - Buckspen
awards1.JPG awards2.JPG awards3.JPG awards4.JPG awards6.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Premium Member
10,265 Posts
Congrats and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Winning an award at the CCA show is a great accolade. Winning two for the same exhibit is absolutely marvellous. Congratulations.

Rio

1 - 20 of 21 Posts