Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I found this 2 1/2" Python in it's box on one of the auction sites for $800. (It's slightly used, but beautiful.)

Then today I was in a shop in DeLand, FL and found a Magnum Carry in about 98% (no box) for $450. For this area that's a decent deal.

The shop in DeLand is amazing. This guy has at least 25-30 1903 and 1908 Colt Pocket Autos. He also had a really nice Police Positive Special with a 5" barrel in .38 Spl made in 1916 in it's original box, and a cased pair of blue Boas, 1 4", 1 6". I had to leave before I needed to declare bankruptcy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm somewhat new with this Colt passion. Please tell me what a Boa is.
Thanks,
Darnell
p.s. Great finds, I just got a Magnum Carry myself.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The Boa was a special run of 4" and 6" Trooper Mark Vs for Lew Horton Distributors in Southboro,Mass. They were made in 1985,600 in each length bbl. What sets them apart,is that they have ejector shrouds running the full length of the barrel and a deep polished blue finish,or Royal Blue. There were also 100 sets of 4" and 6" the Boa made for Lew. They were in a nice case,and the 2 gun set had consecutive serial #s for the 2 guns.

I have only seen 1,and that was when they first came out,a local gun shop had one(the owner would make frequent trips to Lew's place in Southboro,as it is not that far from Southern Maine here.) Lew had Colt,but mostly S&W,make "special editions" for him,and many now enjoy "CULT" status among collectors. The owner figured a "collector" would buy it,but no,he finally sold it,probably for what he paid for it,after 3 years sitting in the show case,to a local hunter,who wanted a "Four Inch .357 Magnum" to carry as a back up,while deer/bear hunting!

They are "expensive"(and were around $500",20 years ago,new). Most will be found,"unfired and unturned",and being "too new"and not the old style action,I haven't kept up on them,so no idea of the going prices today.

As I recall,it was a beautifully finished gun(owner would not let the action be "turned" in the shop),but if I was going to pay that kind of $$$,back then,a Python wouldve been my choice. Bud

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
For quite a while one of the boxed sets was for sale on one of the auction sites for somewhere around $3500. I don't know if it ever sold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts