Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am looking for a colt 38 spec. with a two inch barrel. This will be a personal protection gun, carried in a bianchi 9R holster. Years ago I had a colt cobra that I really loved. Whish I still had it. Anyway, I'm looking for a 2 incher and a good. reliable place to purchase one.
Thanks
IDLH

·
Registered
448 Posts
Try Gunbroker, Auctionarms, or Guns America. They are on line gun sites for the purchase of firearms. You need ot have a dealer in your area to accept the shipment.

·
Registered
532 Posts
You can probably find most anything on the auction boards...and since you're competing with everyone else and their uncle Harry, you'll pay a premium. If instant gratification isn't an imperative, I'd also suggest looking in pawnshops, whose prices I've often found to be better than gunstores. You mention you want to purchase from a reliable place...*laff* I'd say that eliminates about half the online dealers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
how would a detective special (shrouded ejector rod) compare to a smith j-frame for a ccw weapon?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Having carried both for years I'll put in 3 cents worth. I like the S&W for it's smaller size but prefer the Colt's extra round and heft. Prefer S&W's trigger but Colt point shoots better for me due to size. Colt also takes S&W K-frame speed loaders so for a revover carrying Cop like I was Colt makes a lot of sense as a back-up gun.
Currently I carry the Scadium J-frame S&W. I sold my last Colt to buy a new toy.
If had druthers I go with more expensive Colt because it holds value and is a better looking gun but would be happy with S&W.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
You can probably find what you are looking for at most any gun show. This way you can look at it, handle it, negotiate a price, and take it home with you without all the hassle. Last modest sized show I went to, I saw two in the $400 price range (asking) for 98% models. There are frequently ones that are less desireable to collectors that don't fetch the higher price tag.

There must be a show in the next month or so within a 100 mile radius of you. Check Gun List for show listings or search the internet. Ofcourse, you can always go through the auction sites. Just my 2-cents worth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts