Colt Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
That Woodsman is amazing. These guns are like opening up a time capsule, examples of an art form that is rarely seen anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Both very nice firearms, I especially like the Woodsmen and the Ivory's even if they don't letter, the engraving being factor is a huge plus !

Thanks for sharing !

Craig

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That is a pretty little engraved Colt auto with medallion pearls. From the deep set medalions, I suppose your gun was made 1920 or earlier. This is much like the Astra Model 200 in 25 caliber as produced 1920-1968 (see pics below). This Astra was produced in 1952, as proven by the Spanish Eibar Proof House year codes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Amazing Colts! Thank you for showing them. I have been a fan of Factory MOP grips for a long time, and have noticed the similar cracking of the pearl around your grips screw, specially prevalent on the 25s. I wonder if that failure is caused more by over tightening of the grips screw or the recoil of the pistol, or both? I was able to salvage one good grip from each of the damaged grips shown here, with valuable parts of the grip backing and early Deep Dish Medallion available for future use. Jackson

Amelia Island & Colt MOP Grips  2-24-20 037.jpg

21 - 27 of 27 Posts