Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, so if I understand correctly from other posts, the gun I have is a 1981-82 "pre 1983 strike" Agent, with the "smooth finish matte black" (not parkerized) finish, with factory rubber grips -w- the BLACK Colt raging pony. (Photos shown have Houge grips installed, Colts were removed to protect)

SN# W057xx. Age is based on sn# from chart DA Dates of Manufacture thru 1985.

I believe the finish is such based on this quote from Dfariswheel from the forum colt agent questions "In 1982, before the big Colt strike, Colt changed the Agent finish to a smooth matte black. This was different than the rougher, unpolished matte black finish used during the Colt strike."

I've had other Agents that had a much more distinct color and texture difference between the barrel and frame (parkerized), and this one is a pretty uniform smooth matte black finish (at least I hope.)

I'm looking to sell it, so if you folks could offer any insight I would certainly be in your debt.

Thank you for your time :p

Attachments

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
I could be wrong but I dont think the black rubber grips are the originals-I think they were smooth walnut with colt medallions.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
The non-Hogue rubber stocks that you show are Rangefields, an older aftermarket brand. They used the bucking bronco as their logo. The usual factory stocks with these were smooth wood with medallions.:cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I learned a lot :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts