Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Among the many rumors etc. floating around about Colt is one that I hear often from gun shop gurus; that Uberti has been making the SAA for Colt for a number of years. Have other folks ever heard the same? How does stuff like that get started in the first place?

Greg

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
yeah, dont forget harley davidsons are made on tooling purchased from honda,toyota ect..... same basic concept.i think colt says it best in the old ad "anything else is just a copy"

·
Registered
321 Posts
I know that Colt's blackpowder revolvers have been made in Italy for decades, but I'm sure the SAA is still made in the USA.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,707 Posts
Over the years, Colt has had other manufacturers make guns for them, among these were various Colt rifles, and a .25 Auto.

The Colt black powder revolvers were made by Uberti, and assembled and finished here in the US.

This of course quickly led to stories that Colt was making Single Actions in Italy, to Colt is making ALL their guns in Italy. (Or in China, or somewhere).

ALL Colt Single Actions and the 1911 pistols are, and always have been produced in Hartford from forged and milled steel.

A poster on another forum was recently given a tour of the Colt plant, and actually SAW the production process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts