Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am a brand new member here. I have a gorgeous Colt Defender Series 90 in stainless. I love it. Tonight I dropped it on a concrete curb (unloaded, not trying to be unsafe) and the underside of the frame in front of the trigger guard received some gouges. I panicked and tried to sand them out (I know, very stupid, second mistake). I did it impulsively. Now it seems I have ruined the matte finish in that area. I don't know what to do. Can a gunsmith conceal the dings and restore the matte finish? What would be a fix for this? I know I will have trouble sleeping tonight because of this. Any input from you will be most appreciated. I am glad I joined this forum. I know I will learn a lot.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Well , I believe that frame has the cerakote finish. You might think about sending it back to colt for refinishing. Sorry to hear about your accident, Ive done it myslef but with a pocket watch. Fortunately the pistol is much more durable than a watch.

Here is a link to Colt refinshing.....

http://www.coltsmfg.com/CustomerServices/RepairRefinish/FirearmRefinishing.aspx

welcome to the forum!

-Mike

Reactions: eloyfan

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forum. I see that you've already posted this question in the proper forum and that you are getting some good advice. Glad you joined us! :cool:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, eloyfan. My heart jumps in my throat every time I read or hear these unfortunate stories. As you've found, help is here aplenty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts