Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
The seller has some atrocious feedback. And, 5 or 6 "Fs" in 8 years at Gunbroker is too many. He has a bunch of "Cs" and a few "Bs" as well.

I agree with the above statements about this conversion.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I like it! I'm actually building one from a SAA Sheriff and replacing the 3" 44 Special barrel with a 2" 45 LC barrel and using an ACP cylinder. A little engraving and some ivory then I will post pics and looking at a Xmas time completion. I'm trying to call it a gift to myself. I sure hope it flies.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Funny this should come up, I have been CCW-ing mine the last few Weeks ( now that the Weather has cooled off ).

I like both of these, but to me as well, the price on the first one seems much too high.

Now, if the first one 'Letters' to be what we see it as, ( even though I think we all agree, this Revolver has been re-finished ) then, it would of course be reasonably worth more, than a privately chopped one would tend to be.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've emailed back and forth with the first guns owner...he won't come off that price and that guns been listed on & off for some time. I dig it as a big ass carry piece with no collector value. If he would come down a bit, I would be on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
I've emailed back and forth with the first guns owner...he won't come off that price and that guns been listed on & off for some time. I dig it as a big ass carry piece with no collector value. If he would come down a bit, I would be on it!

Yeahhh...it has been re-listed over and over again, for quite a while now.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I like the looks of that first one, although the price is way way more than I would ever pay. The front sight does look like a snagger, but I can see why it was done.-- a half-moon front sight would look much better, but would also show more glare. That sight profile almost provides a patridge sight rear face. The second gun is much more of a working gun, not the prettiest but it has nice lines. The price is sure a lot more reasonable!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Funny this should come up, I have been CCW-ing mine the last few Weeks ( now that the Weather has cooled off ).

I like both of these, but to me as well, the price on the first one seems much too high.

Now, if the first one 'Letters' to be what we see it as, ( even though I think we all agree, this Revolver has been re-finished ) then, it would of course be reasonably worth more, than a privately chopped one would tend to be.
I would love to see a pic of you Big Boy Snub and carry rig!
Geichal

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I like it! I'm actually building one from a SAA Sheriff and replacing the 3" 44 Special barrel with a 2" 45 LC barrel and using an ACP cylinder. A little engraving and some ivory then I will post pics and looking at a Xmas time completion. I'm trying to call it a gift to myself. I sure hope it flies.
You mean like this? Although it don't have the engraving:(

Reactions: muddyboot
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.