Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
Yup, as hwjhfs said - they look to be in pretty good condition, so you could probably sell/trade them for even a bit more than some replacement OP panels would run you.

Hard to tell with the lighting - is the side of the frame matte or polished?

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Yes, these are indeed the stocks from the commercial version of the New Army. The commercial New Navy had COLT instead of the rampant colt in the top cartouche.

And that OP is not from 1944, by the way. There were no OP’s made in 1944. If the Colt serial look-up or Proofhouse.com said so, they’re wrong. As long as the serial is below 724347, it was made before Oct. 1942.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
As stated the stocks on your gun are from the m1892 DA revolvers made in calibers .38 Colt and .41 lc. When the military adopted the .38 as their Service Revolver, the Army version ("New Army") had two piece walnut stocks and the Navy version ("New Navy") had two piece hard rubber with COLT spelled out at the top. I have seen the commercial model rubber stocks like yours with no dates on them and with 1892 and 1894 dates A quick check on completed auctions on EBay found a couple pair like yours that sold for $150-$160 Regards.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, Absolom, for that information. I have two OPs which Colt’s serial number lookup date to 1943 and 1944. Both have serial numbers below that range. Thank you, also, to those of you who confirmed where those stocks came from. I believe I’ll just leave them on the gun. It’s quite a good shooter, by the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts