Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Colt M-1911 . 45 made in 1918 sn 429*** with a 'C' stamped under the serial number. It appears as being completely original to the pistol. This is not a re-worked model.
What would this indicate? Any comments appreciated. Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Please post pix. Also if your name represents the wonderful museum in Fredericksburg, Texas. You might want to contact Mike Harvey out at Cimarron FA/ Texas Jack. He is somewhat of a firearms authority and may be of some help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Museum pacific

We're not what used to be the museum in Fredericksburg. We're in Texarkana, TX. and had the name well before Fredericksburg began. We're in the process of liquidating our rather large collection and have several rare 1911s on GB now. pic attached.
Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I'm sorry did the one in Fredericksburg shut down? Can you provide a link to one of your auctions. As to the pictures I have seen that marking before on a military serial number. Someone else will be along soon to help.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have had the opportunity to own and inspect many military M1911s over the years..... and can honestly say I have never seen that particular 'C' in that, or any other area on an original M1911. While its been there for some time probably, it didn't leave the factory that way.

It almost looks like the Canadian Government 'C', but of course without the broad arrow inside, it isn't.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Not a factory marking as others have said. Speculating it could be a Company or unit marking from the Great war era.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts