Colt Forum banner

Unmarked Key forge upper. What gives?

Tags
ar15 cr6920
3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CorbMill 
Colt had been inconsistent with their markings not just now but for a very long time.

I have a Colt LE6920-EPR CK Enhanced Patrol Rifle M4 conversion kit upper half that I bought in late 2019 and is similar to yours, no cage code on upper receiver, square (Brass Aluminum Forge Enterprises) forge upper marking, cage code barrel, barrel date marked 08/19 (behind front sight base under the gas tube). Bolt carrier have C and the bolt marked with MPC with a white dot.

My other two factory upper half conversion kits last year end of 2021 had the cage codes on the upper receivers except they both don't have the barrel date codes anymore.

The white dot on the bolt is the mark for quality assurance that it passed the high pressure test and magnetic particle inspections.

One other thing that I noticed on one of my A4 20" barrel rifle CK model R0901006CK (with Magpul MOE handguard and no rear sight) upper half that I bought end of last year, the upper receiver does not have M4 feedramps cuts on the upper receiver, the upper is a rifle type, not a M4 feedramps carbine type. But the barrel extension have M4 enhanced feed ramps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.