Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Python_zps88b87d06.jpg

Just saw this thread over on SigForum and initially, when the thread was started, I just thought "oh that's cool, nice Python" but then on page 3 he mentions how much he paid for it: $650, which is what the person who pawned it got for it - Holy crap! :eek:

For what it's worth that guy's been on the forum since 2002 and is well known and respected by a lot of people on there, no I don't think he's lying.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Well I think he got a great deal. I'm sure the seller wasn't aware of the going rate on these guns and he probably figured he paid 4-500 back in the day depending on when he purchased the gun new so he got his money back and was happy with that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I think he got a great deal. I'm sure the seller wasn't aware of the going rate on these guns and he probably figured he paid 4-500 back in the day depending on when he purchased the gun new so he got his money back and was happy with that.
I never even thought of that, I keep forgetting not everybody is internet savvy and knows what GunBroker is (though my local gun dealer damned sure does and sets prices on his trade-ins accordingly! No deals to be found there, none! :( ).

I paid $450 for this 5 yrs ago Gander Mtn, unfired (light spot on grip from camera)

You win.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I purchased my first Python in 1989 for $660 in BSST. My second Python a month later for $600 in SST. I never fired the polished one because it was too nice so I purchased the Matt finish to shoot. I continued to buy them used and unfired back then for short money but hell who knew they were going to shoot up so high.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
View attachment 56100

Just saw this thread over on SigForum and initially, when the thread was started, I just thought "oh that's cool, nice Python" but then on page 3 he mentions how much he paid for it: $650, which is what the person who pawned it got for it - Holy crap! :eek:

For what it's worth that guy's been on the forum since 2002 and is well known and respected by a lot of people on there, no I don't think he's lying.

Beautiful! Now it'd cost $650,000

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
I purchased my first Python in 1989 for $660 in BSST. My second Python a month later for $600 in SST. I never fired the polished one because it was too nice so I purchased the Matt finish to shoot. I continued to buy them used and unfired back then for short money but hell who knew they were going to shoot up so high.
Could you PM me your address? - for pen-pal purposes...

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Well sadly some people who have to Pawn their stuff need cash real bad or even the LGS take in guns from people who are desperate. My local guy gets in Colts from time to time and he pays these people low prices knowing full well what they are worth.... a few months ago he gave a guy $250 for a first gen NIB Colt Cobra, and $200 for a 2 inch commando. Nice guy BTW,,,That's a nice Python for $650 good for him.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The guy on the SI\igforum who purchased that also purchased it from his brother who owns the pawnshop that took it in. That may have something to do with "friendly" price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts