Colt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
12 Posts
Hard to tell if it's been reblued - there is some thinning out on the sharp edges as you would expect. One of my 1903's mfg in 1922 is all original and the bluing looks about in the same condition. I'd bid on it, but I have a soft spot for the pocket hammerless 😉

· Premium Member
437 Posts
Hey Y’all,

I agree that if it is re-blued it was well done. I would want to look at this one in person before contemplating a purchase. Also, the stocks look like the ones on the current production Model M pistols from US Armament and to me do not look correct which raises the question of a re-blued pistol.

Best,
Tom

· Premium Member
1,339 Posts
In addition, the cutout for the thumb safety is all wrong, as are the escutcheons. Grips get the thumbs-down.
The bluing looks good though, the Rampant Colt is sharp, and there appears to be some edge-wear etc throughout.

· Registered
554 Posts
AS mentioned by other members the gun's finish looks correct. The wrong current mfrc grips tel another story. The brass escutcheons and the gold colored are what first led you to something wrong going on here. Aree there any photos of the magazine? is it the correct type and Not a reproduction?
How about the barrel? I don't know about the rest of the gun, but a high condition original finish gun should have the correct high condition original grip to match. Why it does Not opens up a lot of other questions. I take it you are not able to handle this gun in person, if that is the case a Lot more & good pictures will be needed before you
could seriously consider bidding.

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AS mentioned by other members the gun's finish looks correct. The wrong current mfrc grips tel another story. The brass escutcheons and the gold colored are what first led you to something wrong going on here. Aree there any photos of the magazine? is it the correct type and Not a reproduction?
How about the barrel? I don't know about the rest of the gun, but a high condition original finish gun should have the correct high condition original grip to match. Why it does Not opens up a lot of other questions. I take it you are not able to handle this gun in person, if that is the case a Lot more & good pictures will be needed before you
could seriously consider bidding.
Thanks. Unable to see gun in person.

· Premium Member
2,528 Posts
How about the barrel? I don't know about the rest of the gun, but a high condition original finish gun should have the correct high condition original grip to match. Why it does Not opens up a lot of other questions. I take it you are not able to handle this gun in person, if that is the case a Lot more & good pictures will be needed before you could seriously consider bidding.
As per Brunner, I've already identified the correct grips for sn 377431 in post #13 of this thread.

Obviously, the barrel would be integrally bushed with the exposed muzzle, as well as the chamber area exposed through the ejection port, polished and unblued.

The correct magazine would be two-tone, with round top front edge and crimped construction. The base plate would be marked CAL.32 COLT in the larger 3/32" letters.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts