Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Can anyone tell me about the handcuffs? I've never seen a pair like these.

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
Beautiful revolver, but sad that the family would let it go along with the other stuff.
To me, stuff like that is just handed down through the family forever.
I have repeatedly asked the owner if she was sure that she wanted to let these items go (including the revolver). She assured me that "it was time to let someone else appreciate them", which I most surely do. I'll soon be working on a article for an upcoming issue of the Rampant Colt. For me, sharing a find like this is what collecting is all about...

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 · (Edited)
Just thought I'd pull up this thread and remind CCA members to check out page 30 of the Summer 2017 edition of the Rampant Colt Magazine for my full write up.

Electronics Space Vehicle
Car Revolver Illustration Vehicle Vintage car
Text Illustration Brochure Book Paper
Text Book Paper Illustration Paper product

·
Registered
16 Posts
You hit it out of the park, Snakeman. As collectors, our first thought is why did the family ever decide to let this go, but your Seller likely realized it's better that they make sure it end up with you rather than some distant relative down the road that doesn't understand (or care) how special it is, or just needs the money.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Well as I walked the CCA show last weekend a shiny COLT DETECTIVE SPECIAL caught my eye at the Rock Island Auction table....
it had lots of scratching done with pearl stocks and was shown with a pair of hand cuffs.....
listed the box, test target,badge and pocket notebook with bullet hole.....
Well it is this very same outstanding gun.....
WE all have another chance to say it is ours.....let the bidding begin......
I wish they had a payment plan.....

·
The Consummate Collector
7,596 Posts
Well as I walked the CCA show last weekend a shiny COLT DETECTIVE SPECIAL caught my eye at the Rock Island Auction table....
it had lots of scratching done with pearl stocks and was shown with a pair of hand cuffs.....
listed the box, test target,badge and pocket notebook with bullet hole.....
Well it is this very same outstanding gun.....
WE all have another chance to say it is ours.....let the bidding begin......
I wish they had a payment plan.....
It will be interesting.

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 · (Edited)
I almost got physically ill after selling it, and was always afraid it might surface again some day. I don't think I'll have quite enough $$$ to buy it this time around...:cry:

Reactions: Radicalrod

·
The Consummate Collector
7,596 Posts
Russ. Believe me, I am not trying to rub salt in the wound but if you recall I tried to talk you out of selling it. Another 20 DS's won't replace that one. Did you know who pass away or did he just decide to sell it?

Cam

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
I regret selling it, but would actually make the same decision if I had to do it all over again. I don't know the circumstances of how it's come to be for sale...

·
The Consummate Collector
7,596 Posts
I regret selling it, but would actually make the same decision if I had to do it all over again. I don't know the circumstances of how it's come to be for sale...
Russ

The owner died and his collection is in the December RIA auction.

Here is the engraved Detective Special:

101 - 120 of 141 Posts