Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have created a photobucket account, and even posted a couple of pics on this forum. Thanks to the support and direction of the many great forum members on this site. Read the primer (it is excellent), but still need some additional help on uploading. What is the best or correct way to get the pics from my computer into photobucket albums. Right now I have to move them one by one and they end up in like a default album. I then have been moving them one by one into my sub-album titled "Guns". When you have 8 to 10 photo's, it takes forever to complete this task. If someone could guide me on this procedure it would be greatly appreciated.:confused::confused: Thanks !!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re-read the photoshop primer and its seems as though one by one is the only way to upload the photo's from my PC to photobucket. Correct me on this if I am wrong. Obviously I am new to posting pics and want to be certain that I am approaching this task in the proper manner. Let me know if I am understanding this correctly or not. Thanks !!

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
There are several ways to upload several photos with a single command so long as they are in the same folder. I find it easiest to create a new folder on my desk top, name it, say "PhotoB upload 5-4-12, and copy the photos I want to upload to the file.
Then when I choose the "Select Photos And Videos" on my PhotoBucket page and choose "Desktop". I then select that file or (or I can select all or any number of the individual photos in the file) to upload. I then save the file as a record of which of my photos I have uploaded.

Remember the more photos you upload at once the slower the process. I use a Mac, but I've used the same process on a PC. I hope you find this helpful.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use a android phone for everything on the web I have up loaded and downloaded photos and videos with no problem but I can not post any pictures using photobucket on this forum. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Photobucket has a feature called Bulk Uploader. When you are signed in and you see the marker Upload Pictures, look carefully and you will see another option called Bulk Uploader. It will load the entire file of pictures you have at one time and place them in your Photobucket album.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MrRush: Thanks for the post. All tips and information is helpful. I am still in the learning stage of using Photobucket, so greatly appreciate your support and guidance.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RJL60: I am confident someone will jump in with a solution. Will continue to follow this thread, as I am learning also.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Malysh: Good information. Opened up Photobucket and did see Bulk Uploader. This looks like the ticket. Do not have any more gun pictures to upload, so I guess it is time to pull out the camera and take some more pictures. Appreciate the post. So many forum members have been so helpful in getting me up to speed on posting pictures. This forum is the best !!!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Malysh: Good information. Opened up Photobucket and did see Bulk Uploader. This looks like the ticket. Do not have any more gun pictures to upload, so I guess it is time to pull out the camera and take some more pictures. Appreciate the post. So many forum members have been so helpful in getting me up to speed on posting pictures. This forum is the best !!!
The Bulk Uploader is easy to use. MrRush had a good suggestion, creating a desktop icon so when you get to the Bulk Uploader you will be able to find your photo file instantly. I don't do that as I don't like a busy looking desktop. When I load pictures into my PC from my camera I always re-name the file to describe what gun (or subject) is, "1953 Detective Special" or "Dog Pictures", etc., instead of using the date the photos were taken which is the automatically assigned name in a lot of programs. Once I click Upload, I have to choose Pictures in my Dell PC, and then I just find the file name and start uploading to Photobucket.

Good luck!:)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I find that Photobucket works best in conjunction with my iPhone. I use the Photobucket app to upload my pics and then move them to the proper album. I can even make new albums on the fly but they are always uploaded to the default album.

I have given up posting to the forum on my phone except when I have no choice. It is a pain to say the least, but it can be done. Copy the IMG link into the body of your post works. I find it much easier on my laptop.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
The Bulk Uploader is easy to use. MrRush had a good suggestion, creating a desktop icon so when you get to the Bulk Uploader you will be able to find your photo file instantly. I don't do that as I don't like a busy looking desktop. When I load pictures into my PC from my camera I always re-name the file to describe what gun (or subject) is, "1953 Detective Special" or "Dog Pictures", etc., instead of using the date the photos were taken which is the automatically assigned name in a lot of programs. Once I click Upload, I have to choose Pictures in my Dell PC, and then I just find the file name and start uploading to Photobucket.

Good luck!:)
I was going crazy over PB the other day when I couldn't upload. when SKYPING my computer whiz son in Afghanistan he got on there and directed me to "bulk uploads". I then clicked on "owner", then "pictures". All my camera pics go into files called "Nikon Transfers". They are all there as are all new ones. But my other photo albums of downloaded pics are not there. Well, there's just a few of those pics. But I haven't figured out how to access the other ones yet. But, as far as that bulk upload goes, the steps I mentioned were faster than it took me to explain it here. Just as fast as before they changed it.

·
The Searcher
11,101 Posts
But, you don't have to bulk upload from a predefined set or folder. With the regular upload path, you can select multiple images from your computer just like you select multiple anything, either click the first one, then press and hold Shift and click the last one or press Ctrl for each additional selection. Then click on Save (or Open depending on the viewing program). All selected images will be uploaded. Then before, during or after the inevitable advertising, click Save and Continue to my Album. :)

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
But, you don't have to bulk upload from a predefined set or folder. With the regular upload path, you can select multiple images from your computer just like you select multiple anything, either click the first one, then press and hold Shift and click the last one or press Ctrl for each additional selection. Then click on Save (or Open depending on the viewing program). All selected images will be uploaded. Then before, during or after the inevitable advertising, click Save and Continue to my Album. :)
Why don't you just ask me to remove my own appendix! But seriously, that's pretty good instructions that even I might understand. I trust Scion95 is better at it than i am.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Correct. Any individual item or file from your computer that has a jpeg or similar photo format can be picked for Photobucket from one's hard drive. Same with Imageshack, and I imagine all the photo hosts. I responded by mentioning files because the O.P. mentioned a file of photos, but it was good you expanded on that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts