Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1093 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I like a big jackass sold my 3. I have regretted it ever since.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Also, They made so many different versions of the SAA's. Maybe that is what caused them to go out
of business.
The owner of the business (Donnelly) just lost interest from what I understand.

But at least we can still buy USFA Zip guns!

ETA: Or maybe not. The website for the Zips looks weird.

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have owned a lot of Colt SAA's and I feel the USFA's that I have owned are at
least of equal quality. I try to buy, or trade for, any nice ones I run into.
Supply is low and demand keeps getting higher.
I sure would like to find an Omnipotent with the short barrel. Ben W. (what would
you say) has one that he taunts us with from time-to-time.
Ben, how about re-posting pictures of that one!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
USFA Rodeo II .45 caliber sheriff's model, new in box, satin nickel finish with original grips and added stag. A friend complained when I offered it to him years ago that it was a cheaper model (Rodeo II). I think he may have changed his mind since then.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Swamprat/Hugh, Your shiny nickeled Sheriff's Model does not show any USFA markings.
The barrel address is a standard Colt one. What happened on this one??

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Bad leadership , all over the place killed a company that made nice revolversand met demand Colt could 'nt . Inthe end rising prices killed them If Colt had put out a stainless revolver like the Rodeo 2 instead of the Cowboy they would have had a winner

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Swamprat/Hugh, Your shiny nickeled Sheriff's Model does not show any USFA markings.
The barrel address is a standard Colt one. What happened on this one??

I THINK IT WAS ONE OF THE PROTOTYPES THEY MADE TO SHOW COLT WHEN THEY WERE TRYING TO GET THEM TO LET THEM MAKE SAA'S FOR THEM. There are subtle differences between the internal parts of a Colt and this one.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
USFA would have been a perfect single action had they re-shaped the front sight to more of a shark-fin appearance like found on the SAA.

My opinion.

1 - 20 of 1093 Posts