Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my USFA experience has been with USFA premium, Rodeo and Double eagle of US manufacture. I came across this gun that would appear to be of US manufacture. I called the dealer and it has the conical firing pin. markings suggest US build as does the hammer. my best guess is that is started as a gunslinger that was polished, engraved and refinished. Any thoughts? Thanks.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/revolvers/usfa-pistols-revolvers/united-states-firearms-single-action-engraved-by-brian-powley-cal-45-lc-usfa-4-3-4-inch-saa-sold.cfm?gun_id=100932682

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
The 59xxx, 58xxx, 57xxx, etc. serial guns were typically the Gunslinger model....
There ya go. Nice that Ben had the numbers. Still a gun worth way more than $3000 IMO. You'd be hard pressed I suspect to duplicate the engraving and grips for that. Add the blue and color case at Turnbull's level and you did really well I think. Truly a beautiful gun!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! Talked to the engraver today to verify that it was his work. he confirmed that it was and thought that it was sent to him by Alex Hamilton to be engraved. Neither was sure why the gun had the Gunslinger serial number, though Alex said it may have come in the white with that serial number. Who knows with USFA. Quite happy to have found this one.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Yeah, I agree... with the cost today of that quality engraving work and superb grips and great finish plus nice case hardened frame and hammer , you got the gun itself way less than a USFA gun going rate.

·
Registered
37 Posts
fullsizeoutput_51.jpeg Another Gunslinger for reference made with All USA Parts. Same serial number range 5892x. Mike your engraved USFA is outstanding!! Thanks for sharing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts