Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
ron; do you have the book, "U.S. Handguns of W.W.2" by Charles Pate? it has some info on distribution of DS's.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Kwill probably can give you some information, too. I am pretty sure he gave us the distribution info in descending order, if not the actual figures.

I know I can't afford Pate's book, nor can I afford Dr. Brunner's book (for my soon to be delivered .380 Hammerless).

Unless I sell my Mauser Pocket Pistol book by Roy Pender. Then I could choose one of the Colt books. I no longer collect Mauser HScs. I had 3 of them at one time, but I'm just too much of a Walther fan. The HSc has great Art Deco looks, but they aren't half as reliable as the period Walthers were. I respect function as well as form! ;)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, I do not have any of the books. I will have to look for them if they give the info. Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Pate's data:

• CIC/MI - 4,001
  • OSS - 1,004
  • Navy/Marine Corps - 57
  • Misc. WWII Military - 99
  • Total - 5,161
There were probably a few additional DS delivered in small contracts.

Buck

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really appeciate all the help/info everybody has provided on the USGI Detective Specials. Didn't mean to over ask questions or become too persistant any trying to learn.
I probably won't burden the forum anymore on the info or DS's, as members have probably given as much as possible. Again, thanks, Ron

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I don't know why you think you are burdening anybody. You should ask away. That's one of the things the forum is here for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts