Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
The M7 was the predecessor to the M9 Bayonet.

It was the common bayonet for the M16 during Vietnam, but was phased out quite some time ago.

The M8A1 Bayonet Scabbard will fit the M1 Carbine's M4 Bayonet, the M1 Rifle's M5 Bayonet and the M14's M6 Bayonet.

Registered
Here's the bayonet you need for that new production Marine 45acp.
Ontario OKC3S Marine Bayonet from Ontario-Knife Store.com

I have a couple of Phrobis made M-9 bayonets. The Corps bayonet is lighter and balanced much better. The Marines still teach knife fighting. It reminds me of the old WWII K Bar fighting knives.
The top edge of this clip point blade is not a false edge. I love mine.

The M-7 bayonet you pictured is the type I trained with many years ago.
Nice pictures anyway :)

Semper Fi,
Mike

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike hit the nail on the head with that match up. I've only heard good things about Ontario Knife Company.
I must confess that I was a squid in the late 80's -early 90's.. but I did end up in a Special Boat Unit in the USN Reserves out of Little Creek VA. Was fun until Clinton money didn't flow like Bush money had .. times got hard and I got out.
speaking of training with that bayonet, that M7 feels like its quite a weapon in the right hands.
I think I had equal respect for the unsheathed bayonet as I would if I would have had a chambered 1911 as far as handling them for the photos.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
added a photo of the other side taken with a camera . the first posted photos are taken with iPhone. these are with the camera and I wanted to see how the camera vs. iphone photos compare. Also, you can see it balances well. gun is not propped up... must be the ambi-safety !:eek:
As you can probably tell, the table has a grooved area that the gun is setting in.. this is a special table .. about a foot and a half tall, made by LIttle-Tikes I believe and is plastic and designed especially for holding crayons and drinks down the middle ... or guns for photos.

Registered
I am generally drawn to older commercial Govt. Models and Colt snubby revolvers, but this USMC 45 has interested me a lot since I first read about them on the 1911 Forum a few years ago.

I may wind up getting one eventually, even though I don't need the rails or use flashlights on guns. I'm too set in my ways. After all, it is a Marine weapon :)

Registered
Mike hit the nail on the head with that match up. I've only heard good things about Ontario Knife Company.
I must confess that I was a squid in the late 80's -early 90's.. but I did end up in a Special Boat Unit in the USN Reserves out of Little Creek VA. Was fun until Clinton money didn't flow like Bush money had .. times got hard and I got out.
speaking of training with that bayonet, that M7 feels like its quite a weapon in the right hands.
I think I had equal respect for the unsheathed bayonet as I would if I would have had a chambered 1911 as far as handling them for the photos.
Ontario still makes the service pattern 18 inch blade Collins pattern machete, too. That's the only type I use for heavy brush work at the riverbank. I'm due for a new one. I've been using the same one for over 20 years and the grip rivets have started to come loose. Soon the plastic grips will start to crack. I have some duct tape on the handle now to keep it comfortable in the hand :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts