Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how many USMC 2nd series woodsmans survived? Jackson Armory has one on GB I'm thinking about. Have heard and read in the forum good and bad things about them and without lettering in how would you know if it is authentic? The serial number is in the right block, still a lot of money. Thanks for all input. Don
RARE USMC Property Colt Woodsman .22 Pistol 22
A Very Collectible Colt From Jackson Armory!
Auction # 394168752

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Does anyone know how many USMC 2nd series woodsmans survived? Jackson Armory has one on GB I'm thinking about. Have heard and read in the forum good and bad things about them and without lettering in how would you know if it is authentic? The serial number is in the right block, still a lot of money. Thanks for all input. Don
RARE USMC Property Colt Woodsman .22 Pistol 22
A Very Collectible Colt From Jackson Armory!
Auction # 394168752
2500 were made. Most were torched. No one knows how many survived. I have personally owned 3 or 4. All but one of them was in "very well used" condition, especially the one that was dug up in the desert of Southern California. Some poor Marine probably caught a lot of grief over losing that one!

The one on Gunbroker is almost certainly authentic. It looks exactly like the ones I have owned and others that I have seen. At the Colt factory I saw the complete list of serial numbers and very few (if any) were in that range that were not part of the two USMC shipments.

·
Registered
758 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.