Colt Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's so many places I want to go and, of course, I can only afford so many..... I asked my 2 daughters about flying to Disneyworld or Disneyland and the 15 year old was all for it but the 7 year old didn't want to go without mommy which, unfortunately, is my soon-to-be-ex. Another place I'd like to see is The Alamo in San Antonio. Travis, Dickinson, Bowie, Crockett and 185 others held off General/President Santa Anna and as many as 6000 Mexican regulars in the spring of 1836 for 13 days before Santa Anna finally breached the walls and killed 'em all except for a couple women & kids and a black slave. March 6th, 1836 was the day. Mexican dead numbered as high as ~1600 by some accounts. And then there's Charlston and Fort Sumpter, another piece of US history where the American Civil War officially started on April 12th, 1861. By the end of the war, some 620,000!! Americans had been killed, far more than in all other American wars combined.
And then there's places out of the US I'd like to see, like Masada, The Great Pyramids, The Colliseum in Rome, the ancient Greek and Athenian temples, The Pyramids of the Sun & Moon in the ancient city of Teotihuacan near Mexico City, the Pyramid of the Sun being even larger than the Great Pyramid. So many things to see and so little time.....
Where do you want to go? What have you seen? What's worthwhile and what isn't?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts