(Shown on Lower Limb)

Written on the side of the Handle:
B92-2051 (Serial Number?)
58"
49# at 28"

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Value unknown to me. Interest in the Colt archery equipment was noticeable a couple of years ago. A friend collects the old Colt recurve bows. They use them.

There are a three pages dedicated to the archery line in the Ogle book. There is such a range that the value is extremely subjective. Price: Bows > $200-$300. There is no break down relative to the various models and some were relatively expensive for bows.

According to Ogle, the Colt archery division operated between 1958 and 1967. A total of 15 bow models were made or offered. I believe you first see catalogs listing the archery stuff in 1961.

A1A's link shows the various models and their pricing at the time.

I know this is not much info.

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Many serious Colt collectors think they ought to have at least one of everything that ever had a Colt brand, or which was marketed by Colt. A bow is a representative of a time when Colt was expanding its product line. Every serious Colt collector probably wants at least one for that reason. I fall into that category and recently gave about $60 for a nice example, but have seen them go for a lot more. I buy some Coltrock from time to time for that reason also.

As a "serious" Colt collector, I am currently looking for a Faribanks-Moorse diesel locomotive as a representative from the time F-M owned the Colt brand. Every serious Colt collector ought to have at least one locomotive as a "type" representative, don't you think?

Seriously, I think the "B92-2051" is the model number, not the serial number. I see the bow prices vary widely, probably due to those bidding knowing which are the rarest.
I do not, but know what looks the best to me and buy accordingly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts