Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the aprox. VALUE For This Python.... I have a 6" nickel Python manuf. in 1974 that is UNFIRED with no box. It is mint but the original owner must have etched for whatever reason 7 very small letters and numbers in the frame where the cylinder rests when closed, in the crane area. You only see this when the cylinder is opened. How much does this affect the value of this beautiful Python?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Strange. I too came across the same scenario the same year and finish Python. Owner etched his initials in the same area. Initially I was disappointed it wasn't mint.

I bought it anyways and have shot the gun to the point I thought it would melt the barrel. No issues whatsoever and have had a blast doing so!!! Guns were made for a reason and sitting in my safe isn't one of them.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think it's worth $5k definitely........if it came with $3000 in gold coins💰😜. No seriously you got your answer although you may not like it, it's the truth. Being nickel and unfired except for test rounds, I could still see it bringing $1900-$2500 on Gunbroker but probably not from a collector but someone who wants to shoot the you know what out of it and still have a nice Python.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.