Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MINT in box 3x20 original AR-15 scope. What's the going rate on one of these scopes?

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Boxed Japanese Colt 3X scopes usually go for $200 and up on eBay. I think I saw one red-box USA scope go for well over $400, but saw another that someone "stole" for under $300, but that was years ago now. If you want a USA scope and see one, bite the bullet and pay what it takes to get it. Not many come up for sale.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Vintage Colt AR-15 3x Scope with standard cross hairs, Made in U.S.A. with the original factory red box, Made in the 60's. Wear on mount and knobs, Scarce! Used-$695.00 plus shipping cost,add 3% for credit card purchase. Please call or e-mail us if you have any questions or need more pics."

$695 would be a very large bullet to bite.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[ QUOTE ]
Where is this scope being offered?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on GA

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
I saw that scope and corresponded with the seller, who claims it is one of 12 packed with "green rifles" in 1964. It is made in Japan.

I have questioned that statement, since the AR-15 did not come out until 1964 and I never heard of "green rifles." I do not believe the scopes were manufactured in Japan until the late 1960s or later.

I have a U.S.-made scope that came in a red box. I have asked for who is shown as the owner of Colt on the box and papers, which might give a clue. I plan to try to find the first appearance of the scope in my Colt catalog collection when I get home.

The seller's representations do not seem possible to me, but the seller seemed offended by my challenge so who knows what more I will find out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
MAN U CAN GET A AIMPOINT OR A HOLOSITE OR ANY NUMBER OF NICE OPTICAL POWERD MODERN SCOPES FOR THAT KINDA SCATCH!

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
What one can get some new scope for is irrelevant. We were discussing a scope about 40 years old that is a collectors item now. If one were found, it probably would never be used as intended. Mine is not. It remains new in its red box, and makes a nice accessory to my three-digit AR-15.

·
Registered
3 Posts
5 Rifle Scope Colt 3x20 for sale

Guys,

I have 5 Rifle Scope, Colt 3x20 for sale all in fair condition. I'm selling them at $300 apiece shipping incl. Discount avail on quantity.

Length: 6 in
Black
With 1-2, 3, 4, 5 x 100 range adjuster

Please email me if you're interested, I expect them to be sold very fast! Thx.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I had a US made Colt 3X on my SP1 carbine. That was a nice set-up. I paid $500 for the whole thing in 1984 and thought I'd done good. SOLD it for $1500+ in 1994.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I never heard of "green rifles."
weren't there green labeled colt ar's before the blue labelled boxes?
i have a pre ban with a "factory" scope, but it is a blue label.
tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts