Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this sort of thing is probably discussed all the time but I’m in a pickle. I told my local dealer to get me a new 6” 2020 python. Well I just got a call from him and he has a 4” 1978 nickel python that Seems pretty cherry to me. What should I expect to pay for an original python like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
The stocks look like they've been varnished or possibly replica replacements...maybe it's just the lighting or a flash. I'm not real certain on value but I would expect he'd be asking in the $2500-$3000 area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Now you have me curious and am I right and thinking those are not 1978 stocks?
Any chance of a 78 gun having gen 3 grips and not early gen 3?

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
The stocks look correct...I'm just saying they look varnished which Colt didn't do as far as I know. As I sad...it could be the lighting...but if they are varnished or given a coat of gloss urethane then someone did it after the fact or they may be possibly reproduction replacements. I'm not saying that definitively...it just looks that way from the photo.

More photos would help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This one is 2250 he said he’ll hold it for a few days for me to decide
If that is the "out the door" price and it's in mint condition that is a fair price IMO. Of course if the grips aren't right and you decided you wanted exactly like the factory shipped it, the grips can cost $350-$499for NOS Colt grips so that may hurt the value a little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts