Colt Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
usually the .22's bring a little more than .38's, $1499 for the 2.5" barrel if its in good shape in .38 sounds reasonable to me, and is a good price if its in good shape and .22.

the lgs/range i work at part time just recently sold a match set of blued 4" diamondbacks one in .38, one in .22, for $1499 a piece, but they wanted to sell them as a set. if i had the cash i would have swiped the .22 in a heart beat because i already have the .38. diamondbacks are wonderful guns and mine is very accurate.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Had a customer years ago who was one of the leading cardio/vascular surgeons in the country. He called me one day and said he had the hots for a Diamondback and to order one for him. So, I ordered him a 6" 22lr. Called him when it came in. No, I wanted a 4" 38 :(. He ended buying all of the variations of DB's we could find at the time, but they were all blue guns. He had all of the Pythons too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the link for a great read.. It's neat to see what members thought about the colt inflation nine years ago

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have four of the 2.5” DB .22’s. These are my favorites in my collection. I’m always in the market for these
try to buy everyone I come across ( which is seldom ). Prices start at $3k+ a bunch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try to find a boxed snubby Diamondback 22 ... NOT easy!
Surprisingly, I have seen 3 offered this month online.
$4000-5000 appears to be the market in early 2020.

I have never seen a real nickel snubby Diamondback 22 & am highly skeptical if any true original nickel versions exist.

That's not to say I haven't been offered one as real ... but that faker from Virginia wasn't successful in selling it to me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Starting in the 1970s I became a Diamondback fan. I guess I've owned maybe 4 .22s, two of which were 6" and the others 4". In .38 spl I've owned another 4 with only one being a 4" which I still have. Not sure I've ever even seen a 2.5" DB. While not "cheap" exactly, they were quite affordable back then and easy on the wallet. It saddens me to think how cavalier I was to let two of them go less than 20 years ago. But then, I'm not a collector, just a shooter. Oh, well.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts