Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy who is looking to sell a Trooper III cased set from the mid 80s. The gun comes in a marked Colt case with a Boker knife and a Colt belt buckle. The gun looks to have been shot some but in excellent condition. The gun wears a 6" barrel and is in brushed nickel with colt Pachmyr grips with colt emblems. From what I have read they only made 150 of these in .357. What would be a fair price for this gun?

Thanks
Gordon

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Some sets had the 22 and some had the 357. All Guns used were MKIII Troopers and finished in Colt Factory Electroless Nickel. 300 sets total were made. These were made up for Clearfield Hardware Co., Inc. of Pennsylvania. The knives and buckles were also sold separately. The sets are known as the Clearfield Companion Set and come in a black plastic hardcase with grey foam padding inside and has Colt marked on top of the case but is VERY Small. You have to look for it or you will miss it on the case. I had a NIB Set with the 22 Trooper and that one would be worth about $200-$300 more than the 357 imo. I have seen prices for the sets all over the place. I have seen ASKING prices anywere from 1500 to 3900 for the set. True value is probably somewhere in between but on the lower side of "in between" if that makes sense. I'll put it like this, I would only think about paying that $4000 price IF I was getting a NIB set of each lol. JMHO.

Reactions: OIF2 and Stevez
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.