Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Go to Gunbroker.com and review the completed auctions for the model your looking for. That will give you an idea of what guns in the past 30 days have sold for. The 4" LNIB Nickel Diamondback you posted typically sell in the $2500 to $2800 range...

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Yes, that style box was discontinued beginning in 1974.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
I miss the days when a box would not raise the value of a gun hardly at all. All it symbolized was an owner that was careful with his things. You'd then look at the condition of the gun, as always, and determine price based on IT'S condition.

Today we have sellers trying to sucker buyers with boxes, fake, or wrong era, to pay more for the gun than the gun is worth. Think about it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I miss the days when a box would not raise the value of a gun hardly at all. All it symbolized was an owner that was careful with his things. You'd then look at the condition of the gun, as always, and determine price based on IT'S condition.
Yeah I’ve decided since it’s for my collection who cares about the box. I’m focused on condition and a legit gun in original condition.

·
Registered
438 Posts

Today we have sellers trying to sucker buyers with boxes, fake, or wrong era, to pay more for the gun than the gun is worth. Think about it.
I've been playing this game since the mid seventies and don't remember a time when the box didn't at least make a gun a more attractive buy..maybe not then current guns, but the hot tickets in the 70 Series era were the pre 70 "commercials", and older SAAs.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Me too. You're right, it is a game.
But seriously, I know a box makes a gun more attractive to buy. I figure about $50 more max. But I buy the gun, it's condition, not really factoring the box. People today add a fake box, then ask $590 more for a $1,000 gun.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Me too. You're right, it is a game.
But seriously, I know a box makes a gun more attractive to buy. I figure about $50 more max. But I buy the gun, it's condition, not really factoring the box. People today add a fake box, then ask $590 more for a $1,000 gun.
Hadn't realized how big a scam was going on. Crazy. I have seen a couple Smiths in the one piece boxes that should have been in two piece bangor punta boxes, and even the sellers didn't notice. But stuff like that is just indifference, I think

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.