Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I might be selling my bright stainless .45 Colt National Match Gold Cup with genuine mother of pearl grips. It has no box or papers other than my bill of sale. It is a 80 series but with a fine trigger. It does not have the newer Commander type hammer and comes with the collet bushing. It is a beuatiful looking gun with the mother of pearl grips, which again are real and real nice looking.
Does anyone have a realistic value for this pistol?
It has been shot no more than 21 times and looks it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Colt-SL - I could e-mail you photos if you were willing to post them. My Gold Cup I would say is about 99-98% and that is only because of some micro scratches from handling the gun. There are no dings or deep scratches. My hammer is also different than yours being the old style non commander type, no beaver tail grip safety but an extended one and grooves in the front strap otherwise the same gun. My mother of pearl grips definitely are genuine and do not have a Colt or any medallion. Unlike plastic they are not uniform in the thickness, off slightly, and feel as cold as the steel when held.
It looks like yours was never used and is directly from the factory. It is very beautiful! I have a 4"BSS Python that is like that and never had the cylinder even turned. Not even one micro scratch from being polished and some grit on the polishing rag to scratch it. I could send a photo of them both to post? It also has the Ivory grips which IMO look great of a BSS gun.
It is funny how some people really appreciate art and some don't. Your gun is a thing of beauty and it "moves" me like anything beautiful or like art does (was an artist once). I have an older C5 2002 silver Corvette Z06 with the silver Z06 wheels and sometimes I just take a chair and feast my eyes on what I consider the nicest looking Corvette to date. I get the same feeling from looking at the Vette or a nickle Single Action Army Colt, a BSS 1911, a Python or a Rembrandt.
I would say you did real good on your price for that Gold Cup.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Colt.45 - I really did not want to sell just the barrel but I will for $500 LOL

doc540 - I already spoke with your friend and he offered me $1.95, said something about there was no documentation it was real.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Colt_SL.
I am selling most locally and already have some interest but I am not letting them go for an expensive price. The last unfired matte stainless 4" Elite sold for $3400 and after it was sold I had offers for more money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts