Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that you need pictures to give value of guns but I am awaiting detailed ones on these 2 guns.
Both are 4" s/s King Cobras in 95% condition. Both have been fired and no box or papers with them.
I tried to search GB but couldn't figure out how to search "sold" fire arms.
Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you have a Gunbroker account (necessary for this), after you do a search, simply add &timeframe=1&sort=9 to the end of the address bar. It will give you complete auctions, in descending order of the number of bids. That way you're not seeing completed auctions where nobody bid.

Here's a direct link for "colt king cobra": http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=colt+king+cobra&timeframe=1&sort=9

They changed the interface a while back and it used to have these options available right from the results page. Now they're buried and I find it easier to type the modifiers in directly.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Hard to tell them apart.
With a little help, you'll be able to differentiate them quickly. Just going by the placement of the Rampant Colt, the first is an early model King Cobra. The second is an E (Enhanced) or EDT (Enhanced, Drilled and Tapped) model.

Then examine the size of the cylinder releases and muzzles ...
Early model - smaller python cylinder release and flat muzzle face
E or EDT model - larger anaconda cylinder release and a crowned and recessed muzzle. You're on your own as far as the top strap being drilled and tapped go ;)

Gun Revolver Trigger
Product Pipe

Good find on the KC's. Enjoy them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.