Colt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the oppurtunity to purchase a NIB Officers model Match MK III . What would its current fair market value be?
Thanks in advance.
Tom

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
You will have few opportunities to buy NIB OMMs.

The prices quoted seem high, but here is the current Blue Book Vol. 33 entry on that gun:

OFFICER'S MODEL MATCH MK III (SIXTH ISSUE)
- .38 Spl. cal. only, 6 in. shrouded VR barrel, wide spur hammer, Accro sights, target grips. 496 mfg. 1969-1971 only.

Grading
100%
98%
95%
90%
80%
70%
60%
50%
40%
30%
20%
10%
$1,850
$1,475
$1,350
$1,100
$950
$775
$700
$650
$600
$550
$475
$425

·
Premium Member
6,468 Posts
The BB is usually behind the market on Colt values. Better buy it. You may not get a chance at another. Tough gun to find.

·
The Consummate Collector
6,658 Posts
The last two that I have seen sell both brought $2500 and this was in the past year. Colt only made 496 of these and 350 were shipped overseas leaving just 146 of these for collectors here in the U.S. to buy. These are really overlooked as there just isn't that many to stir an interest. Most that I have seen are NIB. Grab it as you may not have another chance to buy one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone consider this model to be in the same league as the Boa? Some folks are paying quite a bit for those now days.

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
It certainly doesn't help to talk about it here and then hope to snag one for 1K off of the internet. But in the end its all fun.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I may be selling my OMM 6th issue at some point. Still waiting for the letter. Shot it once , don't think I will ever shoot again.

I also have a tough time to put resonable price on mine.

·
Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ready to sell mine. Too collectible to shoot. Having a tough time to come up with a price:( WHat did not LNIB examples sold for in the past? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Ready to sell mine. Too collectible to shoot. Having a tough time to come up with a price:( WHat did not LNIB examples sold for in the past? Thanks.
My suggestion, for what it is worth, is to put it on an auction site with a fairly low reserve and see what the market will bear. Take very good detailed pictures and you should profit the most money. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts