Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Colt Bicentennial Set... Colt produced 1776 of these sets. Three firearms are housed in this walnut case along with a commemorative book. In the top drawer is a Colt Python that is engraved with patriotic scenes. In the second drawer is a Colt SAA that is also engraved. In the bottom drawer is a Colt Dragoon complete with powder flask and tools. All three revolvers carry the same serial number.

I know of an opportunity to aquire the Python only of the group. I have no clue as to why the set was broke up but is the reasoning for my question... Could it be worth even more because it is now an Outlaw because it is no longer a set??? What would you guess is the value of this Colt??? It is unfired and as new!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'd probably say the gun could fetch $1,800 if unfired and no cylinder line.
I just seen this set now on GB and I didn't know they weren't engraved.I didn't know what I was thinking.But I think that the Python alone might be a good $1000 to $1100 gun.Alone I don't have a clue.You thinking of going in with someone and getting the Python and him take the SAA ?Maybe throw in the black powder gun for his kids to play with,,,lol

·
Registered
991 Posts
I saw this advertised recently also. I think it's pretty stupid for the seller to split up a matching set like this. Definitely depreciates the value of both pistols.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I doubt we would buy it. Most commeratives on their own do not fetch the prices the folks that bought them hoped they would in the future.

This is an "orphan", and having to explain the circumstances of its existence, meaning its siblings being gone, I feel would be somewhat of a pain.

Sounds like it might be an attractive piece, depending on wether the engraving is in good taste, etc. I would feel like its your call if you like it enough to pay what they want for it.

Its value to me would be no more, or less than a normal nice Python.

Trying to resell it might not be fun!

Good luck in your decision, we buy a few guns here, and there, and ones like this always get you to thinking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts