Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the value questions get tiresome...so please allow me to both apologize and offer many thanks in advance for the collective wisdom of this fine forum. :)

I saw a 2" nickel detective special today that was in pretty decent shape. Presumed original wood grips in good shape. No box or extras. No deep scars or major issues, just typical handling/cleaning light surface scratches and swirls. I believe it would clean up into what I would consider to be quite nice shape....making a very nice carry piece, but probably not quite nice enough to be a collector or safe queen.

So my question...what are used but not abused 3rd issue Detective Specials changing hands for these days? What's your seller's price and what's your buyer's price?

Anything in particular to look for or be aware when I inspect the gun again? I'm a bit out of my collector area on these.

As said...many thanks for your input and I'll update how things play out.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I have sold boxed versions lately for as much as $1350. I see some others un-boxed around $500-$600 that are not selling real fast but probably will eventually at those levels. The Detectives, Troopers, Lawmans, and Cobras are starting to take off some so if the Detecive you see is somewhere in the $400-$500 range, I would buy it up before it turns into a $700 piece in the near future.

I am always a bit more optimistic that most here so I'm sure you will hear the $200-$300 estimates. I am forever the optimist.

If you get it, share some photos.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I am always a bit more optimistic that most here so I'm sure you will hear the $200-$300 estimates. I am forever the optimist.
you won't hear that from me.
i have been looking for some more of these and the cobras to grab. your prices are what i am seeing here, also.
the nickel ones go for about $100 more than the blue.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
We really need pictures to give a good estimate of price.Just from what you describe I would put it in the 400 to 500 dollar range without a box or papers.....Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw one in a local shop, no box, with holster, very little wear and very tight lock up. It was on consignment asking $700. Someone made an offer and it went out the door for $425.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts