Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help I need to find the value of an original Colt magazine for the old Woodsman 22lr. I have one that a fellow wants to buy and I don't have a price to give him. He wants to give me the price from cdnn I think it was for an aftermarket mag but I don't think that is fair. What do you all think?
Thanks Tim

·
Premium Member
9,695 Posts
You need to define which model of Woodsman. (I am assuming you do not have a Pre-Woodsman, of which there are at least two variations that come to mind.) Do you have a magazine for a Pre-War Woodsman (or a Pre-War Match Target magazine, which can be $300+), a Second Model, an early Third Model or a late Third Model, etc.. The value of the magazine will depend on the particular magazine you have. More information is needed.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I know eBay sells them from time to time. Put in Colt Woodsman, all catagories, and see what they are selling for. I know in the past that they have been sold for around $80+.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not even close, the mags you see are 'reproductions' and NOT anywhere near the value of an "original" and as said above, to ME, a MINIMUM starting value of $40 for the "later" models , and up to the $300 for the prewar vintage, two tone "mint" mags.
On the 'average' I usually sell them in the $40-60 range for the 'common' Colt .22 mags, the new ones ,from Colt (ala the .22pistol or Cadets, in the $25-35 range)

Do your 'homework' first.............. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
"YOU TALKING TO ME?" If it is me that you are adressing in your know it all reply, I don't understand what you are talking about. I told him what I saw on eBay. What they sell for on eBay doesn't usually coinside what they are worth. So says you they are reproductions. It doesn't take any "homework" to tell someone what they are going for. If they are worth $300 as you say, and you bid $80 and win, what a deal. Maybe you should buy some on eBay and sell them for a profit Dan. NOW THAT'S DOING YOUR HOMEWORK!!!! Rick

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to get the battle going between you guys but I was just going to give one away. The guy wanted to pay for it and I had no idea of it's value so I asked and then told him $40.00 and he said the aftermarket mags worked fine so no thanks. Thanks for the information and sorry for starting anything.

Tim

·
Registered
420 Posts
Tim, YOU didn't start anything. What you tried to do was a good thing. It's nice to know there are people out there who don't always think of themselves first, or think they are better than everyone else. Thanks for being genuine. God bless you. Rick

·
Registered
810 Posts
Rick, whoa, no I was NOT talking to you, look at the little "reply" block in the headers, the response was to 'series 70 guy' and MEANT to "do your homework' as to learn what the magazine HE is looking for, actually is , NOT the variations in prices as were noted above, the great range of prices; and NO , I would NEVER buy any magazine or parts on any auction sight, I deal only at the home front, person to person, face to face. Bidding can and will get "carried away".
I know that Dick Pearson (Clip Joint) and others from out of town set up at the local gun shows and they too have a great variety of mags AND the prices (cost) one MUST do their homework first,or they may get "burned".

Sorry you may have taken my response as to YOU ,but it wasn't, not picking on your response/reply at all and as I said , I agreed with what was said above.
No need to go off half cocked and getting excited, life is too short as it is and this is ONLY a Forum, not a 'debate'. Pay attention to the 'icons' (smiley faces too)
Wow , some folks sure have "hair triggers". If you still "have a problem" send me an e-mail, lets discuss over a beer maybe. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
Dan, I just tried to write a detailed response but I must have taken too long, because it won't take it. To highlight the main points, I was wrong in some of the assumptions I made, and you know what they say when one makes assumptions. I also apologize if I offended you. I do think you could have clarified, as you did with your reply to me, what you meant by doing your homework. It sounded somewhat demeaning to me, especially when you were adressing a newer Forum viewer. I have always appreciated your input in the Forum, and look forward to your future threads and replies. Rick

·
Registered
810 Posts
Absolutely NO problem, and no I was not "offended", more a bit surprised!!
I can see by the "format" of this Forum, the way to "reply" can get confusing when responding, and mine was a direct response to the initial post. I can "see" easily how the 'continuation' process makes it appear that the "next" reply , is for the one above it, in this case yours.

The "beer" is accepted, and I really do enjoy ALL you guys and the responses;and me at 60 years , am NOT an "know it all", far from it and learning MORE everyday! Just want to save guys from buying the WRONG thing and possibly paying too much to boot.

Meanwhile , back at the ranch..................... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

By the way Rick, seeing you are from 'northern Ky. have you been up to the Wilmington,Ohio area ,for the OGCA meetings?? There's one this weekend, stop by andsay hello , if you're NOT a Member, page me and I'll get you a "guest pass"..........................

·
Registered
810 Posts
Rick, Ohio Gun Collectors has it's own web site......www.ogca.com

That will give you all the info, too much for me to type.
We meet every two months and has been at Wilmington, exit #50 off I-71 halfaway between Columbus and Cinci, At the Roberts Centre.
Private, Members only not open to the public. Oldest and largest continous running collectors association in the country.
Has like 17-18,000 Members from all around the world and from all the gun associations, Colt, Smith, Rugers,Brownings, etc and on and on. Once a year , in May, we have a display show (as well as having displays each and every show, but the May one is "special", "awesome" and NICE too!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts