Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been surfing gun broker and just came across a ventilated ribbed barrel King Cobra enhanced elite custom shop in bright stainless. This is nearly the only snake gun I do not own. I found a 6 inch satin finish vented ribbed barrel about 2 years ago but the bidding was out of control. It went up to $7000 and I was done. I thought it was a little high as there was so little information on them. Now I'm kicking myself as I found out there was only about 25 KC's made with a 4, 6 and 8 inch vent ribbed barrels. Being this is a custom shop, I suspect it will pull a pretty good figure as it's already up there in price. What does everyone think is a fair price to pay for this gun? I spoke with the sellers on the phone and tried to get a buy it now price. They listed it previously for 5500 buy it now and someone bought it only minutes after it was listed. I asked them what happened and they said the buyer backed out so I am lucky enough to get another shot at it. They did not list a buy it now price this time and said they were going to let it ride on auction this time. My guess is they realized 5500 was a cheap price for it. This is it and it has 6 days left on auction. I don't mind paying what it's worth but I don't like overpaying. Thoughts???http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=450781336

Attachments

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
$5500 is way overpriced for a fake package with the work more than likely being done by magnaport. This forum tipped the winner of the $5500 auction off to this and he bailed on the deal. Proceed with caution.

The way I view this gun is: $1100 King Cobra, $300 polish, $400 magnaport invoice.

The way I view the seller: I know the package is fake the gun is all aftermarket but I'm not going to tell because I want the big bucks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other satin finished one I bid on years ago looked like the same configuration from what I remember. As far as the polishing I do not know. I was able to find some information on other various groups stating it was available for 2 years in ultimate bright stainless. Are they mistaken? I also found the custom shop price list and seen they offer bright stainless as a custom shop option. It kills me as colt even said there was few produced like this with a vented rib barrel but it's impossible to tell if it is a colt factory or done aftermarket as keystone stated without getting a build sheet from colt. From what I remember it looks identical but that was 2 years ago. I spoke the woman selling it as well as her husband and they stated they bought from a private seller so they do not know the exacts of the gun. I don't want to get spanked on this if I choose to bid on it. Thanks for any help on this!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish I could find another photo of one to compare the vents as you pointed out. I searched all over the net for a photo of one and cannot find a kc with a vented barrel. Colt confirmed they did make a few and my problem is I want it to be one of them.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I'll photograph one and share the photos. You're trying to hard here. Box is fake, vent rib is not Colt as Weagle points out, Muzzle machining is not colt. The writing is on the wall.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if that is the case then my search continues. I have not put a bid in yet so no worries. I would appreciate a photo of one so I know what I am looking for. I don't know if they were python barrels stamped as a king cobra or just a vented kc barrel. There is a lot of opinions out there on the elusive vent rib kc. I would love to have a photo of a true vent rib kc for future reference.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Two of the same threads...here is the other.
Glad I've read up on it, I easily could have been the guy that bought it without the right info

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sorry but I must have misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were saying you had a vented rib barrel kc you would photograph. I already own nearly all the snake guns with exceptions of a few barrel lengths. I see the vents are different than my pythons, anacondas, and MKV. I am not going to bid on that kc but if anyone has a actual photo of a true vent rib barrel kc I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Yes I have a TRUE vent rib king cobra I will take photos of when I'm in the shop and post pictures of. A search of this forum will probably yield photos of one as well. I believe awhile back someone grabbed a 6".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found the 6" that sold on here and definitely see the difference now that I have a photo to compare it to. It is a just a python barrel on a kc. I'm guessing they are nothing more than a Frankenstein because they ran out of parts. Kind of looses it's luster now that I think about it.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Keystone, I don't know if that comment was meant to have humor but It made me laugh. Great response. I do believe it would be a bad business model for a dealer in any product to be reluctant to sell their wares. Not to hijack the thread but I do need to talk to you again.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I am done with gunbroker ,it is rife with frauds and ripoffs. I got screwed twice recently and that is it. This is typical .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts