Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's fun to learn about the grips , as well as to look for a nice set for my 1980 Python .

The early "type" one stocks in average condition fetch near 500$ ! A nice set of the Type II 's sell quickly @ 250$ .

..........what is for me the worrisome part is all the repro's and fakes .

There is no doubt in my mind the grips that came with my Python are not original and that was a heart breaker - as the seller boasted that they were the real deal .

I tell you what though ......, 500$ + is a nice payoff for the unscrupulous that can mimic the real Mc Coy .

I bet there are a handful of folks here on this board that can tell real from fake ; but myself anyway ... I haven't a clue !

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I think it's fun to learn about the grips , as well as to look for a nice set for my 1980 Python .

The early "type" one stocks in average condition fetch near 500$ ! A nice set of the Type II 's sell quickly @ 250$ .

..........what is for me the worrisome part is all the repro's and fakes .

There is no doubt in my mind the grips that came with my Python are not original and that was a heart breaker - as the seller boasted that they were the real deal .

I tell you what though ......, 500$ + is a nice payoff for the unscrupulous that can mimic the real Mc Coy .

I bet there are a handful of folks here on this board that can tell real from fake ; but myself anyway ... I haven't a clue !
Post a picture of them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts