Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quiet day, so I'll share a new-to-me. It has some finish wear at the end of the barrel and a few light "scratches" at the top of the backstrap consistent with strapped holster carry. The bore was clean and shiny and the chambers were clean but the back of the cylinder (especially in the recess) and the forcing cone area were filthy. Their condition was not consistent with the bore and chambers, leading me to believe it was mostly "carry grime". There is superficial wear on the bottom edges and minor dings on the bottom of the stocks also consistent with carry. The sideplate had never been off (required a crowbar ;) ) and the internals appeared not to have been lubed since the factory. All in all, I'm considering it carried-some and shot-not-much. Comments on my analysis are welcome. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice looking gun it looks alot like the Lawman I picked up earlier this week, are they the same gun with different loads, yours appears to be a .38 mne is marked .357 magnum?
Sorry about all the questions the last couple of days but I just don't know that much about revolvers, but once again nice looking gun.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. The Metropolitan is a Lawman Mk III chambered for 38 Special. For some "metropolitan" police, the 357 was apparently considered too aggresive and politically incorrect. The Official Police Mk III is also the same gun in 38 Special with a tapered barrel, whereas the Metro retains the heavy barrel of the Lawman (so it can also be used as a club). :cool:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I hope you are NOT serious about using the Lawman,Metropolitan,or O.P. as a club with that THIN,UNSHROUDED ejector rod!!

They will warp/bend if struck hard enough,even a S&W with their vaunted front lock. Saw an M-15 get a bent ejector rod,when a squadron mate wacked a VC who'd spit on him while being taken prisoner. Blow didn't even kill the little puke!!!

Bud

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I hope you are NOT serious about using the Lawman,Metropolitan,or O.P. as a club with that THIN,UNSHROUDED ejector rod!!
Once I get them cleaned up, I even hesitate to use them as guns. ;)

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Once I get them cleaned up, I even hesitate to use them as guns. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ] i have the same problem, i am slowly becoming a collector. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
907 Posts
In Fitz' book "Shooting", he says that if you absolutely have to clock someone with a Colt, use the left side of the cylinder to avoid bending the barrel or ejector rod. One of many pearls of wisdom from his book (I think /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif).

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Bushwacker, I apologise for my English that stinks but what do yo mean with clocking? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts