Colt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
I have one I bought off eBay for a few bucks some time back. Maybe certificates from certain eras might be more desirable but they're probably more for novelty value than anything else.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Someone at the TGCA show in denton had several bundles of Colt stock certificates in at least 4 different amounts. Prices were anywhere from $16 up to $50 depending on face value and era. Judging on the amount of certs he had I would speculate they are more a novelty than an investment. Also, Im sure Colt's bankruptcy and restucturing doesnt help.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
There were several at the recent CCA show, owned by former presidents of Colts at the time I believe they asked around 60-70 $. I just checked the Auction records and they sold for $100.00 each.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I would DEFINITELY pay 60 or 70 for former presidents certificates .

i passed on an ordinary one for $25 about 5 years ago a handful of times .
each time though I bought another Colt item instead...... this was in my LGS.
i regret that to this day , but could buy one today through mail - but a hassle for me , and once again , I want other items more.

i too have read that the higher share amounts are more desirable- but to me a former Colt pres. would be THE pinnacle.

I love the above idea of putting one on the safe , and will definitely display mine this way - IF I ever get one .

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Hey Y'all,

I saw and purchased several Colt Stock Certificates while I was attending the Colt Collectors Show in Frisco. I went through a bunch of the certificates looking for interesting dates or signatures. Below is a certificate from 1917 and another that was purchased and issued on December 11, 1941. To me, these are really interesting bits of history soon to be framed and displayed.

Colt-Stock-Certificate-1917-Front.jpg Colt-Stock-Certificate---1917-Back.jpg

Colt-Stock-Certificate-1941-Front.jpg Colt-Stock-Certificate-1941-Back.jpg

Take Care!
Tom

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
They're null and void. It's not even the same company anymore and is privately held.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Stock certificate collectors are like us on this forum. The reason prices are all over the place is for the same reasons: we look for condition, they look for condition. We look for a turn line on the cylinder, they look for 'centering' of the printed part of the certificate. Bluing wear versus creases..especially in the corners, rarer barrel length vs rarer denomination, etc.
One difference...we have this great forum!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts