Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week while looking over a few potential revolver purchases, this dealer tells me about some of his Uncle's gear he wants to sell. He tells me he sold a 1917 Army complete with G.I. flap holster, web belt and triple pocket spare ammo pouch. All of which belonged to his relative, who by the way...served on the WWII staff of Dwight D. Eisenhower. His Uncle was a Lt. Colonel, according to him. He offered no provenance...nor did I ask to see any. Anyway, among the other remaining guns and holsters, I spotted this. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I asked what he wanted for the rig...he countered by saying "make me an offer". My shark radar was alerted, I just hate when guy's do that. Anyway, I wasn't partin' with this one. I spotted a single verdigris .45 Auto Rim cartridge in the gun belt...it nearly confirmed what I thought was a holster for a 1917. I offered him $50 and he nodded in agreement. I tossed a U.S. Grant across the counter and was out the door, Heiser in hand! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well it fits the 1917 like a glove and the 5 1/2 SA, as well. Yesterday, I crafted a copy of the rig and was very pleased with the results.
Now I have an original for my collection...and a new reproduction to use...it has been a few very good day's!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.