Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Russ-
Think you'll find auction 348687842 interesting also.
Unbelievable... Makes me REALLY appreciate my recent purchase of a 1968 2.5" Python LNIB for about $2900.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have two myself, so suffice to say I love Pythons as much as anyone. But I gotta draw the line somewhere. Sheesh!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Russ-
Think you'll find auction 348687842 interesting also.
That damn thing is wore out! Goes to show ya that there are poeple out there with a lot more dollars than sense.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I can't tell is those deep dish medallions are gold or silver, but in either case, wouldn't a set like that be worth $1000 or more, to a guy that really needs them? I would like to hear from some of our stock collectors. Perhaps that is what drove this auction.

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't tell is those deep dish medallions are gold or silver, but in either case, wouldn't a set like that be worth $1000 or more, to a guy that really needs them? I would like to hear from some of our stock collectors. Perhaps that is what drove this auction.
Ballpark value for Gold medallions probably $600+
Silver Medallions probably $400+

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
That damn thing is wore out! Goes to show ya that there are poeple out there with a lot more dollars than sense.
I have to disagree.
It ain't wore out, just beat-up.
I would wager that it is a helluva shooter.
Of course, it ain't a $3K gun, either.
I think I'd'a liked it better with the original barrel on it, and a bargain price.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wow, someone just spent way too much on this Python. Incorrect (but VERY nice) grips, no box

that someone was almost me. I came to my senses at $3900. In California we have to pay a premium if we want to get our hands on a Python. We can only purchase Pythons in a FTF transaction because it is not on the CA DOJ "Approved Handgun Roster" This means that all transactions need to be within a reasonable driving distance because we have to make the trip to the dealer twice because of the 10 day wait. Add to that the proposed new law prohibiting the transfer of "off roster" handguns to anyone but law enforcement that is due to pass this year and you can see that we Californians don't have a lot of choices and probably less time.

By the way I purchased the sellers other 3 Pythons.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=348198210

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=348312570

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=348202578

I know I didn't get a great deal, but I did get the deal I deserve for living in this messed up state. I now am the proud owner of 4 Pythons and hope to buy some more in the future before this new law goes into effect. If any of you feel sorry for me and live in California and want to sell me your Pythons just drop me a PM :)

By the way I had planned to use the cash to purchase some gold as an investment. I thought this was a better investment. Fortunately my wife agrees.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
And I thought the "Kingdom of New York" was bad.It looks like things here may get that bad.My friend had to close his gun store because he couldn't keep it open after the AR15 Ban and the confusion involved in legislating a non existent 7 round semi auto magazine

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
In California we have to pay a premium if we want to get our hands on a Python. We can only purchase Pythons in a FTF transaction because it is not on the CA DOJ "Approved Handgun Roster" This means that all transactions need to be within a reasonable driving distance because we have to make the trip to the dealer twice because of the 10 day wait. Add to that the proposed new law prohibiting the transfer of "off roster" handguns to anyone but law enforcement that is due to pass this year and you can see that we Californians don't have a lot of choices and probably less time.
Thanks for giving us a better idea on buying/selling guns out in California. My son is out there and I don't know if I will ever be able to give him any of my Colts :(...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thanks for giving us a better idea on buying/selling guns out in California. My son is out there and I don't know if I will ever be able to give him any of my Colts :(...
There is good news for your son. California has not yet outlawed gifts and bequeaths from estates. Here is a link to a form that you can fill out to effect the transfer. It is a little bit of a legal gray area federally in regards to the transfer of a firearm over state lines, however it is perfectly legal as far as California is concerned. As I matter of fact I just did one of these transfer myself

http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/oplaw.pdf

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.