Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the weekend of April 27-29 there is going to be a small gunshow in Waco, Tx. There will be some high quality collectible guns on the tables. Only guns and related items will be displayed. No Black Guns This show, although small, is the real deal. It is a fun laid back show hosted in a very nice facility. If you make it to Waco, I would like to meet you. I am easy to spot. I am not very tall and not very light, with short gray hair and a long gray goatee. Here is a link to the show and a link to the facility. Be sure and check out the pictures on the facility link.
THE LONE STAR ANTIQUE ARMS CONVENTION - WELCOME
tuckerhallwaco.com - ABOUT US

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to the owner of the facility and he said he would welcome Friday visitors.

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you do make it Waco, I recommend a visit to the Texas Ranger Museum. It is worth your time.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Used to go there when Gaines DeGrafinried was the curator. Gaines was a retired cotton broker and in traveling around central Texas aquired many many old Colts. He always had 10 - 15 single actions in his desk for sale or trade. If I remember Lt Col. Bill Arebelo had a case full of of cased matched dueling pistols on display also. The colonel and I were both members of the Alamo Arms Collectors in San Antonio. Good memories, thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Having a good show....sold a couple yesterday and bought one today. Hopefully the Sunday morning walk ins show up with something interesting!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
My girlfreind and I attended the show. Small but the real deal, lots of great Colts. Finally got to meet coltsixguns, what a great guy. Look forward to seeig him again in Louisviile and or Tulsa. We drove over from Huntsville, Tx so we also went to Cabelas in Buda, Tx on the way home. Forgot to mention meeting Mentalapse, sorry Randy, getting old.

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Saw a factory engraved 45 x 7-1/2 1927 single action that appeared to be brand new and untouched. Came out of the "brush" just a couple of weeks ago.

Saw a pair of factory engraved 1851 navies that were consecutively numbered.

Saw a table full of nice civil war carbines and rifles.

Lots of nice percussions and single actions available for sale if your pockets were full enough but even if they aren't it's still nice to see some guns that don't have 30 round clips in them. LOL

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
My wife and I were there on Saturday and while this is a small show, the content is outstanding. There were many, literally, excellent prewar Single Actions and a good amount of prewar Winchester Lever Actions. If it wasn't for the CGCA show in Denver in 3 weeks and trying to hold out for a specific Single Action configuration, there were at least two Single Actions that I would have tried to buy.

It was nice to visit with coltsixguns and look at the stuff under the table. It was also nice to meet and talk with mentallapse and his wife.

The Lone Star Antique Arms Convention in Waco is an excellent show for pure collectable Colts, Winchesters, and other makes.

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Lone Star Antique Arms Convention was a lot of fun. Saw some fantastic pieces trade hands. Was grateful to find as good a 32 caliber lemon squeezer as I have seen. It came with factory pearl grips and one of those ostrich skin purses. It was not a big ticket item, but I am proud to have it. I watched a SAA sell for mid five figures. Had a good time watching a Civil War carbine trade four times with-in minutes. Also saw a fabulous Merwin Hulbert trade for over 13,000. It was a great time. Had the opportunity to meet and spend time with some fellow forum members. Happy to have met Mike Faires and Old-Colts. I believe the next show will be the middle of October.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts